Saturday, March 14, 2009

Don't put your Dukes up...


I'm not the most convincing College Basketball fan, I'll admit that, but when the F'n Blue Devils have been consistantly seeded in the top 3 for the last couple of years (seems like forever), you'd expect them to get further in the tournament than the second round... They play well all year and seem to blow it during the big games. So who's to blame...

I wouldn't mess with him

Although many people point the finger at him, I don't think it's Coach K's fault. The man is one of the greatest coaches in basketball history. He's coached DUKE to 3 national championships, 10 final fours, 10 ACC championships and is currently the winningest active coach in Division 1 bball... So, it definitely aint his fault.

What foul! Thats how you rebound in Philly

Gerald Henderson and Kyle Singler also aint to blame. The Junior guard and Sophomore forward have emerged as the heart and soul of the team. They alway hussle, make big shots and most importantly Henderson punched that punk Tyler Hansbrough in the face which made me very happy. So it can't be them either. But, looking at the team, I think I've found the problem...


There have never been bigger douchebag players in the history of Duke Basketball than Greg Paulus and Ben Zoubek (maybe not, but still). The amount of frustration that builds within my body watching these clowns play can't be contained and I often find myself yelling at the television for about 90 minutes. Ben Zoubek is 7'1" according to ESPN.com and he's currently averaging 3.9 rebounds and 4.3 points per game. Given his minutes dwindling this season due to sucking, it's still unacceptable. If I was over 7 feet tall I would beat myself with the asshole stick for only grabbing 4 rebounds a game. I mean thats just horrible. Now, Greg Paulus must have the lowest amount of pre-shot thought process known to man because he has no fear of putting up an errant 3-pointer from way beyond NBA range. With his missed 3's you'd think Zoubek's Rebound totals would be higher... Duke's system relies on solid 3 point shooting and a strong inside pressence to pick up the pieces when they fall. These two guys just don't fit and definitely lack the heart to bring a championship back to Raleigh during their time at the school... Can't wait for 2011 when they'll both be gone. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment